Originally answered Sep 29, 2017
People will help you out in a variety of platforms, including LinkedIn groups, Quora, and relevant communities. Here are few tips to follow.
- Ask in public, not via a private message, so that multiple people can respond and benefit.
- Make sure that you have done some research first, such as searching and reading, before asking for help.
- Formulate your questions and requests clearly, and with sufficient details, so that it is easy for people to respond.
- Share your expertise and knowledge whenever possible, to reciprocate and show good faith.
- Follow the advice in How to Ask for Help: 10 Simple Rules.