Originally answered Aug 24, 2016
Here are five suggestions:
- Run for class officer, student council, or other elective office.
- Volunteer to lead or (help lead) a club, charitable organization, or any other group. For example, offer to be the features editor of the paper.
- Demonstrate leadership as a member or fan of a team, by being vocal and supportive, by leading by example, or by being chosen as team captain.
- Start a new club, initiative, fundraiser, or other effort, and recruit others to join you.
- Serve as a mentor, tutor, coach, or booster for others in your school, or in another school such as an elementary or middle school.