Originally answered Jul 14, 2017
- Ask the participants to help review and approve the agenda, using your organization’s enterprise social network (ESN). This will give them some ownership of the meeting and ensure that it meets their needs.
- Test each agenda item: could this be just done just as well in some other way? If so, don’t include it in the meeting. Make each agenda item include interaction, specific planning, decision making, and/or action.
- Make meetings fun, including non-work discussions, humor, and food.
- Keep meetings short and efficient. When the agenda items are completed, end the meeting.
- For recurring meetings, if there is no need to meet that day, cancel the meeting.
- 10 Tips for Successful Face-to-Face Meetings
- 10 Tips for Uber-Efficient Meetings — Making Every Minute Count
- How to Design an Agenda for an Effective Meeting
- How To Run Your Meetings Like Apple and Google
- The Power of the Conversation Architect to Address Complex, Adaptive Challenges
- Adoption idea: meetings are KM 2.0 behaviors
- What are things to consider so that a team or group can work together?