Originally answered Jul 1, 2015
There are a wide variety of career opportunities in the field of knowledge management. The field is neither growing nor shrinking (see Is knowledge management on life support in most organizations?), so there are jobs to be found, but not a huge number of them.
Here are some typical KM career options:
- Knowledge Managers and KM Leaders
- KM User Assistants and Knowledge Help Desk Agents
- Community Managers
- Content Managers
- KM Project Managers
- KM Technology Specialists, e.g., Microsoft SharePoint/Office 365
- KM Consultants
- KM Academics
Those with expertise and experience in the 100 Knowledge Management Specialties and 50 KM Components will have the best career options, especially in the areas that are hot at any given moment, e.g., cognitive computing or data science at the current time. To see actual job postings, review the online discussions in the SIKM Leaders Community.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Knowledge Managers
- Knowledge Management Leaders: What’s Needed?
- How to Find a Job in Knowledge Management
- What jobs are good training grounds for landing a knowledge manager or CKO position?
- Job openings posted in the SIKM Leaders Community
- The Knowledge Management career path by Nick Milton
- KM Training
- KM Resources