Originally posted on Mar 27, 2019
People are frequently asked to participate in surveys, so they may be reluctant to complete another one. Here are ways to get them to do so.
- Explain the objectives for the survey and how the results will be used.
- Provide compelling reasons to complete it.
- Tell how many questions will be asked and the estimated time to complete, and keep this as short as possible.
- Tell how the results will be shared.
- Offer an incentive to complete it, e.g.,
- Provide a meaningful discount on a desirable product or service, e.g., a reduced price to attend a workshop.
- Select one lucky participant to receive a valuable prize, e,g,, a free hour of consulting.
- Give the first 10 to complete it something of value, e.g., a book.