Originally answered Jul 20, 2017
By establishing guidelines for community behavior, moderating discussions according to those guidelines, encouraging members to post and reply, thanking those who do, and setting a good example by posting and replying regularly and respectfully.
- Customer Community Playbook — from Vanilla Forums
- The 10-Step Process to Build a Thriving Community from Scratch — from CMX Hub
- Community 101 — from The Community Roundtable
- Managing Communities — from FeverBee
- Threaded Discussions and Enterprise Social Networks (ESNs)
- How to Be a Great Community Manager
- What’s your community’s culture?
- Articles and Presentations About Communities of Practice and Community Management