Originally answered Jan 3, 2017
- Before approving new members, verify their identity and confirm that they have a legitimate interest in the community’s topic.
- Publish the rules of conduct for the community where they can easily be found.
- Monitor online discussions for spam, warn any violators, and remove/block any repeat offenders.
From the SIKM Leaders Community:
- Posts should be personal, relevant to KM, and not advertisements or spam.
- Members should not send messages which are duplicates of those distributed through other channels, or regular blog posts.
- Instead, post one-time invitations to join or subscribe.
- Be selective in admitting members, and then trust them to use common sense when they post. If they violate that trust, then intervene as necessary.
- If someone posts things that are not valued by the community members or which go against the community’s guidelines, contact them privately. If they persist, remove them from the community.