Originally published July 11, 2019
In this recorded webinar, I detailed proven practices for building Communities of Practice (CoPs) and shared my Communities Manifesto.
This was part of my series of webinars for Lucidea. Over the course of my career, I have worked with, observed, and interviewed KM leaders to capture and develop proven practices for knowledge management programs, of which CoPs are an essential part.
I define Communities of Practice as:
- Groups of people who, for a specific subject, share a
- Set of problems
- With members who deepen their understanding of the subject together, and
- Interact on an ongoing basis
- Ask and answer questions
- Share information
- Reuse good ideas
- Solve problems for one another
- Develop new and better ways of doing things
Check out my book, Proven Practices for Promoting a Knowledge Management Program, published by Lucidea Press. Please also read my posts offering advice and insights drawn from many years as a KM practitioner.