Originally published July 10, 2014
Featuring expert contributions, in-depth case studies, and practical guidance from Daanish Khan, Stephen Dale, Josh Liu, Rooven Pakkiri, Curtis Conley, David Galipeau, Javier Martinez Aldanondo, Arshad Ahmed, Liz Copeland, Kgothatso Mamabolo, Joel Muzard, Natalie Ryan, Penny Newman, and Karthikeyan Palanisamy
Encouraging employee collaboration
Breaking down silo mentalities and encouraging employee collaboration is imperative in terms of driving innovation and cost savings for organizations in today’s competitive market. Yet this sizable task is far easier said than done and remains a constant challenge for knowledge workers. We’d like to help.
Ark Group’s report on Collaborative Knowledge Networks offers practical case studies and advice from your peers on developing collaborative knowledge networks that generate value from your knowledge-based assets. The expert contributions reveal how to:
- Use key tools and methodologies that facilitate knowledge-sharing;
- Identify the traits of good collaborators, and overcome resistance;
- Identify areas where internal and external collaboration can be improved;
- Capture tacit knowledge through cross-departmental knowledge sharing;
- Deploy a successful social network for your organization; and,
- Foster an effective knowledge-sharing culture.
Insightful real-life case studies
And personal perspectives highlight the processes behind setting up collaborative knowledge networks, their key benefits, and the results you can expect to achieve. These include:
- Creating a collaborative knowledge culture at Lewis Silkin LLP;
- Improvement and innovation through online sharing at the Local Government Association, UK;
- Sharing ownership of a collaboration platform (QUT SharePoint User Community) at Queensland University of Technology;
- Collaboration stories from Applied Intelligence Atelier, Canada; and
- A perspective on the importance of an expert database for collaboration from a knowledge manager at Mindtree Ltd India.
Collaborative Knowledge Networks will enable all organizations to promote a knowledge-sharing culture that fosters idea creation and a competitive advantage.