Originally answered Jun 20, 2017
From Blogs and Blogging:
- Openly express your ideas.
- Share knowledge with others.
- Provide a chronological, tagged, searchable archive of your content.
- Allow others to search, subscribe to, learn from, and comment on your content.
- Practice personal knowledge management:
- Record your thinking to help refine and improve it.
- Keep a journal of insights, techniques, pointers, and contacts.
- Maintain a modern version of a lab notebook.
- Make it easy to retrieve your own content by date or topic, or by searching.
- Provide material that can be reused later as part of presentations or books.