600 Blog Posts: History, Milestones, and Top Posts
Originally posted August 4, 2019
This is my 600th blog post. It’s a good time to reflect on over 13 years of blogging.
I write about leadership, innovation, knowledge management, communities, collaboration, and social media in these four blogs:
I also blogged about dining and food.
My first Quora answer was to What are some recommendations for good social media and/or digital marketing conferences to attend? in January, 2011. When Quora began offering blogs, I started one in November, 2016.
Lucidea began publishing my content in October, 2016 with KM Adoption Can be Increased Through Gamification Techniques. My first post for Lucidea was in May, 2017.
I began using Medium to restore my Line56 and hp.com blog posts in March, 2015. I now use it to make a copy of every post from every other platform. The Line56 and hp.com posts are also backed up on Quora. This ensures that my posts will continue to be available even if one platform should go away.
- First Line56 post on 20-Feb-06 Lesser-Known KM Books; KM Toolkits; 32 KM Thought Leaders
- First hp.com post on 20-Feb-07 Organizing Knowledge, Core Objectives, Incentives, KM Roadmap
- First LinkedIn article on May 29, 2014 Successful Knowledge Leadership: Principles and Practice
- 50th LinkedIn article on May 11, 2015 10 years of SIKM and Setting up a KM Program
- 100th LinkedIn article on June 14, 2016 Implementing a Successful KM Program and 20 Years in Knowledge Management
- First Quora post on Nov 22, 2016 Managing Knowledge to Ensure the Future
- First Lucidea post on 12-May-17 How to be a Great KM Communicator
- 200th LinkedIn article: David Weinberger: Profiles in Knowledge — July 18, 2018
- 400th blog post: David Snowden: Profiles in Knowledge — July 11, 2018
- 500th blog post: Luis Suarez: Profiles in Knowledge — January 12, 2019
My Top 10 Most-Viewed Medium Stories
- 23K — 10 Types of Knowledge Management Strategies View story
- 11.8K — Archiving, Document Management, and Records Management View story
- 6.6K — What are examples of information systems that are needed in organizations? View story
- 6.2K — 9 Questions to Answer for Knowledge Management View story
- 6.1K — 100 Questions & Answers on Collaboration & Communities View story
- 5.7K — Personal Knowledge Management: How to do it, with 25 resources and 10 books on PKM View story
- 4K — 15 Issues in Knowledge Management View story
- 3.6K — Daily Themes for Social Media View story
- 3K — Knowledge Management Maturity Models View story
- 2.6K — Knowledge Management Implementation Plan and KM Program Governance View story
My Top 10 Most-Viewed Quora Blog Posts
- 1.51K — Proven Practices for Promoting a Knowledge Management Program
- 1.1K — Articles and Presentations About Communities of Practice and Community Management
- 1.1K — Books on Community Management and Communities of Practice
- 1.04K — Articles and Presentations about Social Media
- 909 — Implementing a Successful Knowledge Management Program
- 908 — Knowledge Management Technology Components
- 856 — Articles and Presentations about Innovation
- 688 — Knowledge Management Tools
- 665 — Working Out Loud Revisited
- 646 — Managing Knowledge to Ensure the Future
My Most-Viewed LinkedIn Articles
- Top Group Profile in Knowledge: 1,500 — Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC)
- Top Individual Profile in Knowledge: 741 — Peter Drucker
- Top Technology Component: 1,459 — Wikis
- Top Process Component: 3,968 — Knowledge Capture Process
- Top People Component: 2,724 — Knowledge-Sharing Culture and Values
- My Top 25 Other Most-Viewed Articles
- 121,525–15 Knowledge Management Benefits
- 24,731–16 Reasons Why People Don’t Share Their Knowledge — and what to do about it
- 18,115–7 Habits of Highly Successful Knowledge Managers
- 17,378–9 Questions to Answer for Knowledge Management
- 16,859 — How to Be a Better Leader
- 14,577 — Daily Themes for Social Media
- 7,439–100 Knowledge Management Specialties, 50 KM Components, and 50 Alternative Names for KM
- 7,352 — Personal Knowledge Management: How to do it, with 25 resources and 10 books on PKM
- 6,194 — Implementing a Successful KM Program, 100th Post, and 20 Years in Knowledge Management
- 4,646 — Getting a PhD in Knowledge Management, and 10 possible research topics
- 4,598 — Identifying the Top 3 Objectives for a KM Program
- 3,626–10 Types of Knowledge Management Strategies
- 3,580–90–9–1 Rule of Thumb: Fact or Fiction?
- 2,823 — Communities Manifesto: 10 Principles for Successful Communities
- 2,487–10 Ways to Build Expertise in Knowledge Management
- 2,485–10 Priorities for a Knowledge Management Program
- 2,278–10 Tips for Successful Face-to-Face Meetings
- 2,226–5 Pitfalls to Avoid in Knowledge Management
- 3,436 — How to motivate knowledge sharing using gamification, goals, recognition, and rewards
- 2,245 — How to Be a Great Community Manager
- 3,282 — Are you certifiable in knowledge management?
- 2,027 — Is knowledge management on life support in most organizations?
- 2,929 — Why share your knowledge?
- 2,732 — Knowledge Management Maturity Models
- 2,143 — Tips for starting a KM or ESN program